Monday, June 17, 2013

Tasty Tuesday---Oriental Chicken Pasta Salad

So today was one of those days where I needed to make dinner quickly, and for a lot of people...11 to be exact. Everyone had been gone all day, and then my husband walks in the door STARVING, not to mention there is an awesome linky party today! What to do??? I got this idea from my awesome sister-in-law who cooks everyday the way that I wish I could pull off on special occasions. This one didn't turn out completely like hers, but it definitely was a hit and good enough for me to want to make at least once a week! YUMMMMMM. The cashews just top this thing off. Seriously...I'm nuts for nuts. What can I say?

Oriental Chicken Pasta Salad
1 12. 0z bag of bowtie pasta
1 handful raisins/craisins
1 can mandarin oranges
1 bag of spinach
Cashews
3 chicken breasts

Dressing
1/3 c olive oil
1/3 c rice vinegar
1/3 soy sauce
6 TBS sugar
Dash of pepper

First, start thawing out the chicken. Then, start cooking the pasta. Once the pasta is done, drain it and rinse it with cold water. Let it drain out, again. Throw it into a big bowl and add however much spinach you would like ( I used about 3-4 handfuls). Fold these two ingredients together. Start cooking your chicken in its own pan. Next, throw in the desired amount of cashews (I did two handfuls), raisins (I did one handful) and mandarin oranges (one small can) with the spinach and pasta mixture. Pour all of the dressing on top and fold everything together, remember to try to not take break up the pasta and mandarin oranges. Cut up the cooked chicken into cubes and fold it in. Eat with a slice of buttered bread of grilled cheese for a light, healthy and delicious dinner!

Check out even more delicious dinner/dessert recipes like this that I linked up with at www.mandysrecipebox.blogspot.com!